Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Get A Load of THIS!

While rummaging through some photo albums earlier I found this picture of me as a baby.



I have seen it a hundred times, but only recently with the element of foreshadowing that has been missing all these years. I mean, look at me. Me! With a RABBIT! It’s like I’ve known all my life that a rabbit would become a pivotal element of symbolism in my life. Do you think that little girl knows that she’s going to be so famous one day that seven people who aren’t even related will one day read her blog? Do you think she knows that she’s going to need therapy someday? Or that she looks horrible in green? And that she would despise eggs up until adulthood? Or that she would eventually eat mushrooms without throwing up? I wonder if she knows how hard it is to get a date. Probably, do you see how hard I’m clutching that rabbit’s ears, as if it represents all the future basketball stars who would reject me? (Andy Toolson, you know who you are.) I’d like to think I was dissing the photographer, like she’s back there making all these squealing noises, trying to get me to laugh or smile and I’m all, “Man, that chick is riDICulous.” Still. Me, the rabbit, it’s like it was meant to be.

11 comments:

jksfam said...

Oh.My.Gosh! That is pretty creepy! ;) Andy Toolson, huh? I'd love to hear that story!

Randi said...

That picture is darling! And the rabbit looks kind of stunned. You can see that this has been in the making from the dawn of time!

Lorie said...

Koo Doo's for such a cute picture. You look exactly the same.

I had to ask Richard who Andy Toolson is... what's that story?

Audra said...

I know Andy Toolson!! He works at the company that I used to work for! He used to play for the Jazz or rather warm the bench is what I hear!! And yeah, what is that story?

Vern said...

Dudes, THERE IS NO STORY! I wanted to date him, and he didn't know I existed. The End. Story of my life.

Jana said...

As soon as you diss someone on the blog its going to come out to haunt you.... beware of all the Andy Toolson knowers.

And, for the record, the photographer is probably one of those 7 readers of your blog and you don't even know it.

Dysd Housewife said...

She knows nothing. Except that she is adorable. :)

ganelle said...

Poor rabbit. Think of all the children that have squeezed its little ears.

Mom of Three said...

Love it! It is amazing all that you have been through and are still an awesome, rabbit loving person! If you want some rabbit footage, Gem and her friends have some of our neighborhood ones fighting. I bet you could do a whole thing on that one :)

Anonymous said...

The girl in the photo may not know something but I think the rabbit does and it looks scared.

Heather said...

Crackin up! Seriously, if you break out a baby picture with a Buns of Steel tape, I'll totally be convinced of the foreshadowing.