Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Dog Guide For Non-Dog People

As you know, we didn't get our kids a dog for Christmas.  Technically.  My kids pretend to be annoyed about the pillow pet I got them in lieu of the real thing, but I had ten teenage girls for a movie night on Tuesday and several brought along their pillow pets and due to my generosity, my daughter wasn't left out.  In the end there are many reasons we chose not to go for it, not the least of which is that I don't even know what kind of dogs there are.  If you tell me what kind of dog you have, ESPECIALLY if it's some kind of a mix, chances are I have no idea what you are talking about.  Big?  Small?  Yippy?  Guard type?  Friendly?  Mellow?  Spastic?  I wouldn't have a clue.  It occurred to me that perhaps I'm not the only one who struggles in this area, so as your friend I have put together a handy little guide.  I think it will help you to understand how we came to our decision.

GOLDEN RETRIEVER

 
SHIH TZU (think about it)

BOXER DOODLE


PIT BULL


CHOCOLATE LAB


GERMAN SHEPHERD



You see why we opted out.

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Wait! You got Mr T. wrong. You do know that we named our English Bulldog Mr. T? It fits him perfectly.

He also loves his gold chain collar, and his tag that says, "I Pity The Fool Who Don't Return Me." We are awesome pet parents.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Haaaaaaa!
Too perfect.

anitamombanita said...

Dog challenged as you might be, I still think you're a smart one...smarty pants, that is.

Rachey said...

Oh my goodness, did you really come up with these all on your own? I like the way your brain works:)

Stefani said...

Hahahaha! <3 I am a dog person and the was still very helpful.

mormonhermitmom said...

Your pics are a howling success. :)

Kerri said...

I always smile at your blog posts but when they give me a good, hard laugh, I know I'm at Rabbit in the Headlights. This one is a winner!

Beej said...

You are so creative! AND as a bonus of being your friend I get to laugh. You make me heart smile and my stomach hurt. I love you.