Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Week's Deets

My accomplishments over the past week include:  
  • Samantha and I drove over 1500 miles on our first ever, girls only road trip
  • Scouted out 3 potential college campuses
  • Family reunion
  • Broke a trampoline
  • Got a parking ticket
  • Fought a parking ticket
  • Lost my fight against my parking ticket
  • Swore under my breath at the stupid cops in Utah who have nothing better to do than to stalk an out of state visitor who is simply trying to eat her cream pie shake in peace in less than the one hour parking limit.  They chalked my car WHILE I WAS STILL IN IT.  Can't you guys start hiding crack in your glove box or something and get those guys off my back? 
  • We ate ice cream every day
  • (I'm not kidding)
  • Wore a bathing suit in public
  • TWICE
  • Lost a game of Nurts
  • Saw Brave
  • Went tubing behind a boat and didn't break anything
  • Took about 3 pictures to document everything
  • Washed down some Excedrin with a little Dr. Pepper on the drive home to help me stay awake (Mormons abusing drugs. Yo.)
  • Watched a lot of YouTube videos
Samantha and I took in both sides of our family on this trip and it seems that no matter where we go, we end up watching people's favorite videos.  My nephew shared one with us about a woman who took the cinnamon challenge - did you know there was such a thing?  Her video has over 17 million hits, so I feel like I might be the only one who doesn't know about this.  Apparently swallowing cinnamon is not for the faint of heart.  We laughed at the videos and came home to share all of them with our boys.  Cory was intrigued with the cinnamon challenge idea.  One tablespoon of cinnamon?  "How hard could it be?" he said.

I agreed that if anyone could do it, it would be him.  Just that morning I had been driving with Drew and I was asking him about his week of scout camp he had just endured with his Dad while Samantha and I were on said road trip.  He said, "Yeah, there was one kid who was deathly afraid of spiders.  One time he yelled to Dad for help and when Dad got there he asked, 'What do you need?'  The kid asked him to kill a spider for him that was on the outside of his tent.  Dad pointed to it and said, 'this spider?'  The kid said, 'yeah' so Dad grabbed it, threw it in his mouth and ate it!"  I burst out laughing and clarified, "Seriously?!"  Drew, who was also cracking up as he retold me the details, vigorously nodded his head in affirmation and then added, "Of course he also had everyone eating ants by the end of the trip too."

You see why a tablespoon of cinnamon would seem like no big deal, so he decided to see what the fuss was all about.  I forced him to at least do it outside and then grabbed my phone to document any potential footage.  Ladies and gents, here's how that turned out:


Sorry y'all, he's taken.

12 comments:

Naomi said...

Ha, Drew is hilarious! I'm still more impressed that he ate a spider.

Naomi said...

Um...I meant Corey!

ganelle said...

Ewww! I try not to think too much about what happens at Scout Camp. Thanks for ruining that for me.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like an amazing 1500 miles. I wish I could have seen you fighting a parking ticket. YouTube hit for sure.

Have to watch the cinnamon challenge.

Meg said...

i just watched the lady on youtube and holy cow my stomach hurts from laughing so hard and i'm totally crying. SOOO funny

Rachey said...

So, was he for real? Also, I can't believe the spider story! It's been a long time since I've seen Uncle Cory, so I'm glad to hear stories like this and realize he is still as awesome as I remember him:)

Vern said...

He was TOTALLY for real. I followed him into the kitchen and he kept coughing while we continued to laugh at his expense. Apparently it really burns, even when you don't try to swallow it.

Anonymous said...

Did he actually throw up, or just spit that stuff out? Taking my vitamins makes me gag, so I can't imagine eating a spider or a bunch of cinnamon.

You guys are CRAZY!

Jillybean said...

Here's a thought, the next time the family wonders what you're fixing for dinner, and you don't feel like cooking, you can tell them to go outside and eat some bugs :)
Also, when you come to this part of the world, you should arrange a time to meet with some of your blog friends. We would eat ice cream with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking dry cinnamon could get in your lungs and kill you. But I'm not paranoid, or anything like that. And now I wish I was brave enough to eat a spider. :(

Emily said...

Um, seriously? A spider? I would never ever ever ever ever in a million years kiss my husband again if he ate a spider. I'm not even kidding.

anitamombanita said...

Awesome! I'm so sad that I missed you, though! :(