Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

Riding in cars with boys

I was driving a car full of boys home from school when Drew stuck his head out the window and yelled to a kid walking on the sidewalk:
"Hey brutha (brother) from anotha (another) mutha (mother)!"
Me: "Drew! Don't yell at kids out the window. And where in the world do you get stuff like that?"
Anonymous 1st grader in our car: "Well, sometimes we learn it from books. At recess I tell girls they are the sexiest, sexiest hottie. Uh...but don't tell my mom that." I resisted the urge to ask him what he had been reading lately, then admitted that I was totally telling his mom. Blaming his dad, but telling his mom.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Who's this annonymous 1st grader? Do I know him? At least he's experiencing a wide range of ethnic cultural talk there at "Sagebursh Elem.". It sure as heck doesn't sound like he's reading books like "Harry Potter". Funny one!

Kerri said...

I've got a 3rd grader (not hers) that keeps calling girls "hotties" *rolling eyes*. Thing is, I know he's getting from dad. I haven't told his mom yet, but I told him to cut it out and apologize.

ganelle said...

It couldn't be my first grader - different schools. However my guy is known for banging his chest and saying "Peace Out!"

What in the world???

Mom of Three said...

How funny is that! The only problem is that that little boy will be sent to the principal for sexual harrassment soon if he doesn't figure it out.
I guess the cootie kissing game isn't allowed any more at our school. When did that happen?