Pages

Monday, January 22, 2007

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It...I mean MAKE IT STOP!!!!

The thing is, if you ever lived in Colorado you would know that this isn’t normal. People who have lived here their entire lives have said they have never experienced a winter like this. Because normally in Colorado, it will snow and melt within 24 hours, usually less, and MAYBE two days max. But the days turning into weeks and the weeks now turning into a month of not being able to see the bottom of the street and suffering a new storm every stinkin’ weekend is slowly sucking any positive reserves we Colorodans have left.

I have decided to take matters into my own hands, and since I actually have no real power what that means is that I am going to keep complaining until this stops. As part of my vocal campaign, I am launching Operation: “Free the Carolers”. The carolers I am referring to are the result of a crafting day that my church sponsored a number of years ago. For the past several years they have graced our front yard so as to present the illusion that we here at the Steele home have an abundance of Christmas spirit. Normally they take their place on the semi-covered porch, but this year I decided that putting them on the lawn would place them in a more prominent position and possibly raise our level of Christmas spirit credibility.

They have been trapped ever since.

This was a few weeks ago:
A few days ago:
This morning:
On the positive side, (‘cuz I just feel like branching out) snow is also pretty. Here are some pics I took outside this morning in my backyard:




Nevertheless, my sentiments still come closer to some that my daughter shared on the way home from school the other day when she said, "Winter is officially NOT my favorite season." Not long after she remarked, "I hope it's not a White Valentine's Day."

Amen sister.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you need a sign that says HELP!!! I totally agree, and I am from Rochester, New York! This is NOT the reason we moved to Colorado!
Ginger

Anonymous said...

I hear you, babe. I was telling my husband the other day that in my world, the earth would go around the sun in 6 months, making the seasons all 1/2 their present length. Then we wouldn't have so much time to get TIRED of the long winter, or even the long summer. We'd appreciate it more. Isn't that a great idea?

FavoriteNeice said...

Oh my gosh, I'm at work and I burst out laughing. Those poor carolers, they are so scared and sad looking. We MUST save them!

Anonymous said...

The size of the carolers is not evident by the photos...you need to tell people how big they are!

talitha said...

I am here in CO, too, and pretty much sick of the snow as well.

I am enjoying reading your blog! My mom (whose in your ward) encouraged me to read it because she find it so funny!