Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

16 fewer orphans in the world today

The wait is finally over, and now the real work (and joy) begins as my friends finally received their baby from China! You may recall my account of being there during “Match Day” when Ginger and Tim learned who their baby would be through pictures. Finally they are able to put their arms around her and pinch her chubby little cheeks and begin the journey of bringing her home. The same is true for the fifteen other families who traveled there to do the same thing. I guess it just goes to show that there’s more than one amazing way to join a family!
Bailee says good-bye to her nanny and hello to her mom. As you can see, she has mixed feelings!

Bailee's first ever bath - holy crap girl, you're cute!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is just so awesome!

Rachel (niece)

Anonymous said...

16 fewer orphans, and one VERY aunt. I'm just SO excited to see my new little niece. It's been vicarious emotional candy...
Ganelle

Anonymous said...

Ganelle: It seems you left out a critical adjective - just what kind of an aunt are you...?

Anonymous said...

OK, OK, I need to proof read my comments. So before Kristy gets carried away adding her own adjectives describing me, I'm a very HAPPY aunt.
Ganelle

Kerri said...

What a cool experience! They are a great family, as luck to have Bailee as she is to have them.