Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Delicate Balance

Some might say it’s counterproductive to have a Slim Fast and a chocolate chip cookie for lunch, but it actually makes perfect sense. You see I sprained my ankle yesterday morning as I missed the final descent down my stairs. Now I find myself facing several weeks of a compromised exercise regimen, which will undoubtedly deflate some of the perky joyfulness for which I am known. [Funny - it's quiet, and yet I hear laughter.] So the Slim Fast is to help curb the side effects of no treadmill while the chocolate chip cookie restores some of that innate happiness that might wane during the duration of recovery. So it's basically a win/win. And any ill effects of said cookie are surely balanced out by the one-legged hopping cardio routine I’ve incorporated as I navigate between the couch, the freezer (to retrieve ice packs), and the DVD player.

On the positive side, I've been waiting for an opportunity to watch season 2 of "The Office" in its entirety while the children fetch me drinks. And as the icing on the cake, I will have at least one set of great quads when this is all over.

Wait a minute, did someone say "cake"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Graceful! I wish you a speedy recovery (after you watch all the shows you've been wanting to watch, of course).

Anonymous said...

Oh! I hope you are OK! Get better quick!!!!
Ginger

Randi said...

If you think about it, Slimfast and cookies is the perfect balanced meal.
That, together with The Office, and I think you have hit upon the PERFECT summer vacation. OH, maybe throw some Diet Coke in there too.

Kerri said...

Hmmm, Rachel tells me she gets hurt because the inanimate objects around the house do it on purpose. Being that she's 10, I hate to qualify her up there with her dad and being a little klutzy, so we'll just go with her version. Same for you?

Anonymous said...

I say the Slimfast bar CANCELS OUT the the cookies. That's exactly my approach when I have diet coke with chocolate chip cookies for lunch!
Ganelle