Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Did you know...

...that there is such a thing as National Women’s Confidence Day? And did you know that it’s today? If you said “no” to either of these questions don’t worry, you are not a slacker. Because the last thing I want to do is call you a slacker on National Women’s Confidence Day. That just seems counterproductive. But am I alone in feeling annoyed that we think it’s necessary for a Congressman and a celebrity to spend tax dollars encouraging “women everywhere to empower themselves with confidence every day”? Are we really this desperate to validate ourselves? Don't get me wrong. As a proud member and current President of the Inadequate Club I certainly have my own issues. But as nice as it is for Queen Latifah to hand out plaques to exemplary, confident women while reminding us that big is beautiful, I’m thinking that I’d rather have less national debt. And a smaller waist.

Perhaps if we were more confident we would have fixed that already. Gotta go, I think I smell baked goods.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know it existed. Frankly I think some people just look for a reason to have a party. I think that is better than National Sandwhich Day, or some of those other obsurd holidays!
Ginger

Randi said...

Oh Sheeez! I totally forgot to mail out cards this year! Dang! Thanks for not calling me a slacker.

Heather said...

I will take a tax break over a plaque any day- not that either are coming my way anyhow!