Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hearty Morning

I'm not really a hearts and butterflies kind of person. Last night Cory and I were watching a little TV and there was a girl who came on who was a little too happy for me and I said, "I bet she dots her i's with hearts." I don't know about you, but being too happy is kind of a deal breaker for me. I guess I just know too much about life to trust someone who smiles all the time. Like Amy Adams in "Enchanted" - I loved that movie, but only because I knew Amy was acting. If I met a person like that in real life we would not be friends because I would be too tempted to slap her and say, "You really should consider wearing a little more black."

So far, my daughter still dots her i's appropriately but I know the time is coming when hearts replace the period. There are definitely way too many smiley faces in her daily life than I care for, but somehow we still manage to get along. Yesterday morning as she descended our stairs after a fresh blanket of snow accumulated overnight, she looked out the window above our front door and said, "Look Mom! Hearts! In the snow!" I didn't necessarily jump out of my chair, but instead tried to politely oblige by climbing halfway up the stairs so I could at least pretend to be a good mom and see what had my daughter so pleased. This is what we saw:



I hate to admit it, but even I thought it was pretty cool! See? I'm not completely dead inside.

17 comments:

just call me jo said...

Found art happiness...I just couldn't help but smile. I'm with you about those sugary people with the hearts and smiley faces. I assume they think I am of the devil with my sarcastic cynicism.
But those hearts in the street--now that's pure and stupendous.

Heather said...

I never would have noticed those. Glad their are "hearty" people around though.

Vennesa said...

I think it's a happiness Rorshach test and I failed. I saw tire tracks.

The Dixon Family said...

Oh.

I'm so happy you got fired so we can enjoy the rabbit more often.

And tell Samantha that she can come to my house anytime. I'm a look-for-hearts-in-strange-places kind of girl.

Devony said...

So cute that Samantha noticed those. You can never meet my best friend from high school though. She is Giselle from Enchanted completely. I'm afraid there would be a lot of slapping going on...

ganelle said...

Not COMPLETELY dead inside...

good for you.

Rachey said...

That really is cool.

Stephanie said...

I really like you.

jksfam said...

She has a good eye for hearts! (rock collection...) That is definitely a cool find!

goddessdivine said...

Let me guess: You're not a snow angel-making kind of person either. ;-)

rocslinger said...

G.D. Believe it or not I have seen Vern making snow angels, I doubt that she would ever admit to it, but I have seen it.

Mom of Three said...

That is so beautiful!!!~~*cry*^*tear*~~

mormonhermitmom said...

My head is trying to figure out how the car did that. :)

superpaige said...

I bet you couldn't make those tracks in the snow again if you tried all day.

Lisa said...

Think of it as a subliminal message from me (maiden name: Valentine), as my way to let you know I'm watching you. . .not so sweet now, is it?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lorie said...

Now I know what happened to JILL!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)