Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

WeiRD

It's not the glittery snow, frolicking children or festive music that really tickle my fancy this time of year.  Come to think of it I'm not sure I even know what my fancy IS let alone whether it's ever been tickled - that's probably for the best.  Anyway, what really accelerates my heart rate during the Christmas season is THIS:


Whoa, I stand corrected.  I just felt my fancy tickle.  I would bathe by candlelight in this stuff if not for the cold factor, so I have to be careful not to buy it very often or the likes of my thighs might find themselves expanding to the outer limits.  The main struggle, however, is that my kids love it too.  I bought a 1/2 gallon a few days ago and after helping himself to some of Cory's birthday pie Drew asked for an additional serving of ice cream.  I said, "No, you just had pie.  Too many sweets isn't good for you."  What I really meant was, "No, because you leave for school tomorrow at precisely 8:30 am at which point the Dreyer's, a spoon and I have some bonding to do."  I know I'm a hypocrite, but at least I'm not alone.  Who sends a stronger mixed message, me or Marlboro?


Or Heineken?


Or Dove?


Oops.  How did this get in here?  Hi Carter. I love you, and not just because you're practically the only heterosexual male on HGTV and can whip out crown molding in an afternoon but because you're just...so...pretty.


Here's another picture that's not entirely relevant that I took in the Bahamas last week.  For some reason it reminded me of Dooce.


And what do you think is weirder, hypocrisy from Marlboro in ENGLISH or mixed messages from Camel in GERMAN?


I don't know what it is about German but it just seems like an angry language to me.  As I read that message on the cigarettes I don't even see the camel, I just envision a stocky woman with a braid wound too tightly around her head yelling at me while spit flings everywhere.  I bet that's why they picked a Camel for the packaging and not a German lady.


What's my point again?

23 comments:

Elisa said...

Actually, that's Swedish, I'm pretty sure. But the braided hair thing stands.

Jillybean said...

I love this ice cream! (and I'm not usually a big peppermint fan)
I made a cake roll with this stuff. Devils food cake rolled with pink peppermint ice cream slathered with chocolate sauce.

Or, if you hot chocolate happens to be too hot, toss a scoop of the pink peppermint ice cream in it (you know, just to cool it off so you don't burn your tongue)

Meg said...

You need to eat it at my house, I don't like peppermint in pretty much anything.

Lisa Loo said...

3 words:
Dove Peppermint Bark

Lorie said...

I would try the ice cream but it might break the budget. :)

Vern said...

Elisa: Same difference, right?

Jillybean: What are you doing for diner on Sunday? I'd like you to bring dessert.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Funny Dooce image, ice cream and him. What a great post.

The picture in this link made me want to go buy a boat.

http://www.360copy.com/archives/106

Broken Reality said...

I highly encourage you to splurge and buy a container of the limited edition Haagen Dazs peppermint ice cream. Its sooo silky smooth. I don't love peppermint usually, but this is highly unusual in its flavor.

ganelle said...

Mmm peppermint ice cream...

I too am the biggest hypocrite ever when it comes to eating sugary yummyness. Oh well. More for me!

Katie said...

We had this ice cream last week and I am in love. I am in a bad mood today so my husband just offered to get me some more. I hate to admit that my moods can be swayed that easily, but....

mormonhermitmom said...

I was shivering already and then you had to mention ice cream...brrrrrrrrrrr!

Vern said...

Marianne: Holy cow - that was dreamy.

Stefani said...

Bahahahahaahahha! Mahaha! You make me happy!

Pitterle Postings said...

Yep, love it in the middle of chocolate cake (or over the top for that matter) and it is really good in hot chocolate!!

Heather said...

I haven't tried that Ice cream before (but I don't think they had it in Canada). I wouldn't say your a hypocrite, I would say your just right!
Here is my confession... A couple of years ago, I went to pick my boys up from Mutual, I had assumed they would be done 15 minutes after I got there, so I took a waffle bowl sundae from dairy queen... I pull up and they were waiting for me! So what do I a self respecting woman do? I hid my ice cream under my van seat and when we got home pretended to be cleaning the holiday trailer while I ate it all alone! Terrible!! Yep, that's me!

Emily said...

Can somebody explain Dooce to me? I feel like I missed something.

I think that ice cream is disgusting. For real.

Brent Taylor said...

Don't like the peppermints stuck to my teeth, so this flavor has never screamed happy holidays to me like Spumoni does... or, Pumpkin Pie made at BYU (got that last year at this time as we returned for our 30th anniversary) which I'm thinking would be solely worth the drive to return.

Anonymous said...

I'll clink spoons in a toast to the peppermint ice cream. I think I need to stock up so I can have some sinfully rich peppermint ice cream in the middle of the summer.

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Giddy up! Me likey some peppermint heaven! It's the ice cream of choice while watching The Biggest Loser!

Jill said...

I think the only thing that would make it better is to add "Candy Cane Oreo's"

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what your point is, but you're right.
Also, that ice cream is the devil's own frozen confection. By which i mean, "yummy."

Stevenson's said...

I have to tell you, I saw this ice cream at the store, and HAD to get it because you were talking it up so much... and it IS good :) Thx for keeping me laughin!

kacy faulconer said...

LOL.