Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's An Honor Just To Be Nominated

Last night during an effort to clean up my neglected, post-vacation email Inbox I came across a message announcing that someone had nominated me for the "Funniest Mom Blog" over at the Parents.com website.  What a nice way to come back, don't you think?  I don't know who nominated me but obviously she reads my blog so hey, whoever you are, will you let me know so I can pay you that money I owe you? 

I gotta be honest, I'm really flattered.  I'm trying not to be but YOU GUYS!  I already have SIX votes!  Six people totally like me, which means I'm already more popular than broccoli and snakes.  Drew passed by the office as I read the email and I said, "Hey Drew, my blog was nominated on a national website," to which he asked, "Do we get a prize?  Like a Toyota?"  Silly Brett.  Still, I think it would be awesome to get more votes because winning is fun, and it rarely happens to me.  Aside from being Tetherball champion in 2nd grade, scoring a box of chocolates and a gift certificate to Applebee's from a radio contest, and winning Cory's love I have always been more on the "loser" side of things.  So, if you want to help me turn things around click on that hot pink button at the top of my sidebar over there and cast a vote my way, will ya?  Please?  Do it for the children.

15 comments:

Jane B said...

You totally deserve it!! I would love to vote. I hate being forced to create logins and have my email sold, so you'll just have to add my vote to whatever total is on the website. Sorry! It's awful when they do that.

Buffy said...

Super Delicious!
I will totally vote!

Vern said...

Jane B: I'm so with you on that! I had hoped they wouldn't make people register but I will tally your vote in my head. :)

anitamombanita said...

I'm voting with every email address I have!!! and I have LOTS!!! LOL ... congrats funny lady, you deserve this!!

Rachel said...

You make me laugh so hard I actually registered for that sight so I could vote for you. Apparently I love your blog more than I hate spam.

anitamombanita said...

ditto to Rachel, and I was going to register with every email I had...oh, yes, I already said that...but...they use the dreaded cookies, so it recognized that I had already voted and wouldn't let me do it again...EVEN with another email address...seriously, what IF I really WAS sharing my computer with another person? LOL

Heather said...

That's awesome!

The Yarbrough Clan said...

I voted!!!! I think you are so great, and very funny!

Stefani said...

Oh without a doubt you should win. Your's is my favorite by a long shot and I tell everyone I can about it. I voted... I just used a fake address :)

Jane B said...

Hello should have thought of it, fake address worked! OFFICIALLY voted.

ganelle said...

THAT is why I have an entire email account dedicated to those kinds of things.

The illusionist said...

vooooooooooooote of course

awesome

[Stacia] said...

Although I would love to take your money it seems you better keep it to buy a Toyota so Drew will still think you're cool. :)

Karen said...

Done and done!



Can I have your autograph?

Anonymous said...

Wait--- A contest? I AM all about the contest. Let me just go and vote for you! And I may just use that last picture as my new facebook picture and see if anyone notices that it's not really me.