Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So Random


It’s a bad combination when you’re experiencing the highest temperatures of the season and you’re A/C goes out at the precise time your doctor tells you to stop wearing deodorant, but that’s what happened.  Everything is okay now – the A/C got fixed yesterday, my underarm rash is fading, and we’ll finish the week out in the 90’s. 
***
Also a bad combination – going on a run after a dentist appointment and trying to hock a loogie while half of your face is still numb.  This particular appointment had required more than one shot of Novocain and left me unable to press my lips evenly together as I left.  I felt like a carp that had been tagged with a hook through my upper lip.  It’s almost worth getting a shot of Novocain and trying it yourself to see what it really feels like.
***
I sent my youngest off to middle school like a lamb to the slaughter yesterday.  I resisted the urge to walk him all the way to the bus stop, but I didn’t resist the urge to spy on him from the corner behind my neighbor’s bush.  Baby steps.
***
My facebook buddy J.L. changed my life and posted this link to a recipe for frozen hot chocolate.  I’ll tell you the same thing I told him after making it – I know this drink is true with every fiber of my being. 
***
I still have so much to tell you about my summer!  Pictures of bears, presidents, funny quotes, and fun memories.  Like the time Samantha and I left the house dressed the same and when I noticed I asked her, “You’re not embarrassed by looking like me are you?”  Silence.  Drew chimed in, “Oooooh!!!  Mom, the silence is NOT a good sign.”  There’s more to come – in the meantime, do yourself a favor and whip up a little frozen hot chocolate.  Ironic, yes.  But delicious?  Also, yes.

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I hope one of the pictures is a president dressed as a bear.

Anonymous said...

Could you maybe have said "I needed to expectorate" rather than "I needed to hock a loogie"? Just some thoughts from your mother :)

Jules said...

LoL @ Dix and Lynn! funny stuff :)

anitamombanita said...

haha...love you Lynn... but hocking a loogie is what runners do... I tried to hock one the other day as I was running INTO the wind...bad idea...and I didn't even have novocain as an excuse for what ended up on my shirt and on my face...LOL

As for that frozen hot chocolate...oh my oh my...that will require a lot more running and a few more loogies if I start in on those!!!

mormonhermitmom said...

Last visit to the dentist I had four shots. I felt like I'd gone a few rounds with Rocky Balboa.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hilarious!
I really wish you would have shown us all a picture of your carp face.

Sorry about school starting so soon. That just seems wrong. I guess our kids here start tomorrow. I'm just outta kids.

Jillybean said...

Isn't "frozen hot chocolate" an oxymoron?
BTW, I saw your old college roomie last week :)

Sherise said...

Have you tried Certain Dri deodorant/antiperspirant? You put it on at bedtime, and you only have to use it every other day. I love that stuff! The roll-on version gives me a rash, but the solid works great. I think I found it at Target.

Frozen hot chocolate? It looks eeeeeevilly delicious. I love Pioneer Woman! Did you know she's getting her own show on Food Network? Woohoo!

Kirsten said...

The line "I know this drink is true..." had me laughing so hard my husband had to come over to see what I was reading.