Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Family Dinner

As we sat down for dinner tonight Drew was laughing about something when Cory asked, "Hey 'Laughing Boy', will you say the blessing on the food?'"  Before Drew could start, however, I observed, "You know, Dad would have been good at naming Native Americans."  We chuckled, Drew prayed, and then Cory turned to Samantha, "Hey 'Runs on Gravel', how was church today?"
"It was fine," she answered.
Then, turning to me he inquired, "How about you, 'Blogs With Rabbits', did you go to your new class?"
"No, not until next week," I replied.
As Samantha slurped up a final spoonful of soup she asked, "Is there more soup or is it all gone?"
"Well,"  I began, "I gave most of it to 'Grunts When Poops' but I think there's a little left."



We don't have a lot of friends.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ha! Sounds like my kind of family.

Stephanie said...

Ha Ha Ha! I'm pretty sure this is why the professionals encourage family dinners.

Emily said...

We live right in the middle of a Navajo reservation--my husband actually works for the Navajo Nation--and we've met the coolest people with the best names. My son's substitute last week was Mrs. Yellowhorse, and our neighbors are the Smallcanyons. It's awesome.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OH MY HECK!
Blogs With Friends! You are the best.

Sorry about having to live with Grunts.

mormonhermitmom said...

:)

Stefani said...

We have family dinners that are just as random.... the only difference would be that we would have laughed through the prayer :/

anitamombanita said...

love it. and I'm your friend...plus about 5 other people who follow your trail of rabbit pellets. haha... your friend and admirer,
Shoots-with-Nikon ;)

Lisa said...

I'll be your friend! As long as you don't call me "breaks wind often." Lisa will do just fine. :)

Megan said...

I'm now going to do this to all my friends, what a hilarious idea!

Jill said...

I like to call him Dances with wiggles

Anonymous said...

TMI...Blushing Mom

Jenn said...

I LOVE your blog, but don't think I've ever commented. I had to comment on this one, though, because I just had two coworkers come into my office to find out why I was laughing so hysterically! You brighten my day! :)