Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

455


Remember the good ol’ days when people would ask, “Are you a blogger?” and you’d be like, “Is it necessary to resort to name-calling?”  I didn’t even know what it was until a neighbor enlightened me, and from then on I’ve been hooked.  My neighbor is what I would refer to as a blogging pioneer, kind of how Survivor is to reality TV – she’s been at it since before the Olsen twins started wearing eyeliner.

I’ve only been at this since the beginning of 2007, but today marks my 455th post here on Rabbit In The Headlights.  Now, some of you (all of you?) are wondering what is so special about the number 455.  Why not highlight #400?  Or wait until I reach 500?  Well, probably for the same reason Paul Reiser started one of his books on page 145.  Which is no reason really, other than I feel like it.  Besides, I think you would be surprised how significant number 455 really is.  For example, did you know that there’s a 17-year-old kid who dead lifted 455 pounds of weights and then posted it on YouTube?  Or that Oldsmobile once made a car called a 455 Rocket?  And did you know that the book Altar of Bones is 455 pages long?  You think that’s just coincidence?!  Whatever, you probably still think Elvis is dead.  

At any rate, a lot of people write stuff on their blogs to commemorate landmark posts but I’m not going to do that.  I will not be writing down 455 things I’ve learned, 455 things I’ve done, or 455 topics I’ve addressed.  I will not be asking you to leave 455 comments or tell me 455 things you like about me (not even possible for the Creator Himself on His best day), but I just wanted you to know – I think this is a big deal.  It’s a big deal because other than marriage and self loathing I haven’t committed to ANYthing for this long.  I think it’s a sign of great things to come.

I have a really good feeling about the number 824….

10 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Ya, but what about 922????? Now that is a milestone.

You really are the Obiwan of blogging. Blog or blog not you are the master.

Lani Wendt Young said...

I like that - i never thought about the comittment to blogging in that way - youre right. There are very few things I havent quit or given up on - and blogging for this long is defn an achievement! Congratulations. I for one, love reading your blog and am grateful that you're so committed to keeping it up!

just call me jo said...

If you add the numbers in 455 together it makes 14. Just thought I'd throw that in. You are a blogging mainstay. Keep it up, Rabbit in Headlights Lady.

Meg said...

I don't like to hear self loathing. Remember what G.G. said, you should never put yourself down. Just thought I'd put that in. Love ya

ganelle said...

Hey! I've been around longer than this blog. Don't I get any credit??? Geez!

anitamombanita said...

I was born prior to 4/55...or maybe I shouldn't be revealing that...

Lisa said...

4+5+5=14, which is the age of Joseph Smith when God appeared to him. Mm hmm. I know. Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it? You're welcome. :)

Mortensen Baby Farm said...

Only the cool blogs last! So I guess what I am sayin here my friend... is that you're pretty cool.

Anonymous said...

I can think of at least three foods that you have made for me that I would eat 455 times. In a row. And I'm not that imaginative, but still. Yum.
I think you're awesome.

Kerri said...

Just thought I'd add that the Teamsters have a local 455, there is the CZ 455 bolt action rimfire (rifle) and John Deere 455 tractor, as well as the 455 Rancher chainsaw. Kathy Mattea has a song called 455 Rocket which has something to do with the engine block. It's likely a boy scout and a girl scout troop number, an address and the room capacity count somewhere. So you have joined an elite group of things that have nothing to do with each other but contain the number 455. That's pretty amazing. Keep on posting. I'd like to see how far you go.