Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Show Me A Sign

Driving down the road in Missouri last weekend Cory and I saw several signs along the way.  There we were, exploring Robin Hood Lane and talking about how nice it must be to live where real live trees grow when suddenly we passed a blur of red, white and blue in someone's field.  It was so random I turned around and went back to get a picture:


I guess if you live on 50 acres and have room to put something like that, in a field next to a wood pile along a road that only 3 people a day drive on seems as logical a place as any...?  What I really want to know is if anyone has ever watched Glenn Beck because of seeing this sign, because if this stuff really works I've got some scrap wood in my garage and I'll get crackin' on my "Hugh Jackman For PTO President" billboard.  I would totally volunteer at my kid's school then.

This van was covered with hopeful and uplifiting messages:


 I don't even know who this guy is "talking" to.  How do I know he's a guy?  Because I worked in a Congressman's office for a summer and we got regular mail from a crazed constituent who had this exact handwriting.  I'm pretty sure it's him.

Hey!  Look at this cute couple!

We kept driving (our destination was 3 hours from the airport so we did a lot of that) and as we searched for topics to fill the time Cory said, "Hey, did you know the world is ending on May 21st?"  (to be continued...)

12 comments:

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

I think he's dyslexic. It was May 12th. We're probably all just dreaming. :)

Kristina P. said...

I would pay for a sign that said "Run Away, Glen Beck."

Mom of Three said...

I think you should have your own travel show. You could call it Real America. I would laugh my way through the whole thing!!!

Meg said...

why is Cory sitting and your not? I thought, no, I know his momma raised a gentleman.

Vern said...

Meg: I had to set up the self timer. I do all things camera related, but every once in a while he still opens my door for me.

Brittany said...

More importantly, what was that guy "talking ABOUT"? I didn't understand a word of it. And the spelling is atrocious...inquites? I'm sure!

ganelle said...

Hey! Great idea. Now, what should I put on MY car???

Mom and Camera said...

I was really disappointed to learn, while driving down I-15, about the world ending on May 21st. I mean, I have been working on my food storage all year and now with the world ending it is all for NOT!!

tz said...

if hugh jackson was PTO president I'd volunteer at your school too

Jill said...

I think you should paint a sign that says "Ganelle for PTO president" and stick it in her yard.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is an interesting van. I think I probably would have stood in front of it for hours reading all the stuff.

Ya, sorry about the world ending tomorrow. I will totally miss you.

That is a cute couple!

CheriLindy said...

Hey, we also have a crazy sign guy in our city. His entire car is also covered, but his signs are WAY more unreadable, rambled, and crazy. :)