Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

I Cracked My Tooth On A Raisin

Life is amping up over here at Casa de Vern.  There's so much to talk about!  I haven't even told you about my very first Weight Watchers meeting last week, how I spent the weekend in Utah to see my brother-in-law get baptized (SO. COOL.), that I cracked a huge chunk off my back molar while eating trail mix and had to get a crown at the dentist (and how disappointed I was to learn that being crowned doesn't even involve a tiara or bowing of any kind), or how I saw an Ikea for the first time.  I haven't had time to mention my conversation with a dead moose, Drew trying to make Cory cry (epic fail), having 220 unread posts in my Google Reader, or how standing in line at the BYU Creamery for my double scoop of Raspberry Cream Cheese and German Chocolate Cake ice cream felt like waiting for the pearly gates to open.  (Spoiler alert:  They did open, and I did see angels.  The thing about angels is they don't have to wear white.  Sometimes they were blue aprons with hot fudge stains, and that's okay by me.) 

I'm not sure if I'll ever get to any of these topics but in the meantime, I'm guest posting over here today at The Peanut Gallery Speaks.  Go ahead, click on the link and then have yourself a beautiful weekend. 

9 comments:

just call me jo said...

I so can identify with the crowning thing. Why didn't I think of that? (That's a good one...)I've broken my teeth on carrots. Just not fair... Love your idea of the pearly gates too. I'm there! (Might be as close to heaven as I get to be in line at BYU Creamery.)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

OK, you are hilarious!
I hope that you totally enjoyed the creamery thing. Sounds like a bit o' heaven for sure.

Off to read the other sites.

mormonhermitmom said...

You got crowned AND went to heaven? And you're still here?

Kristina P. said...

I always knew raisins were evil. And IKEA is a Swedish heaven on earth.

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

I just love how your mind tumbles about the words! fantastic! Love it.
xo

anitamombanita said...

What!? You came to UT and didn't come see ME? Well...I can hardly believe it! ;)

Vern said...

anita: I didn't even see any of my own three brothers that live there, so don't feel bad. We were only there for about 36 hours!

Jill said...

Do they still have Lavell Edwards ice-cream at the creamery? I think you deserve your own ice-cream flavor.

Bianca said...

Ouch! That's gotta hurt bad, man! And I can't imagine you drinking cold drinks after that. But thankfully, you got that crowned quickly.

Bianca Jackson