Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Odds And Ends. Probably more odds.

  • Having just come off of Easter weekend there is something I need to get off my chest. I am tired of every bloody activity surrounding this event being called an “Egg-Stravaganza”. Does anyone out there feel like this is clever anymore? We need to come up with something else. 
  • In other news, I asked the kids a while ago how long they thought it would take their dad to notice that I bought some new throw pillows for the couch. They made their guesses in days, I said a week. Three weeks later Cory found me in the kitchen and said, “Hey, did we get new pillows?” Man, I love that guy.
  • Last week we were playing cards when Drew began studying the back of the card. “HEY!” he mused. “Are these NAKED ANGELS ON POGO STICKS?!” An absurd question. Or so I thought… 
 

  • Cory loves magic tricks, so when I saw a cool magician on “Ellen” I recorded it for him to watch later. He was so intrigued with a certain stunt that he began rewinding, then forwarding, then rewinding and forwarding again in slow motion to try and deconstruct the trick. Then he became determined to do it himself and started practicing, which is when we kicked into supportive mode and all began laughing at him. There is beauty all around when there’s love at home! Cory piped up, “You guys can laugh at me all you want,” to which Samantha replied, “We’re not laughing at you…YET. We’re just predicting how it’s going to turn out.”

  • Another night last week Drew sat at the table to work on his homework when he started to giggle. “What’s so funny?” I asked him.  “Well,” he began, “it says to write a convincing letter to your parent about why it’s a good idea to get a cockroach as a pet. [shakes head] I got nothin’.”  
How was YOUR week?

17 comments:

Susie J. said...

No, no... Those are naked angels on BICYCLES. Which is OH so different. LOL

jksfam said...

Susie beat me to my comment... I'm glad Drew had nothin' about having a cockroach as a pet! I want to live at your house!!! :)

Karen said...

Here's the thing about cockroaches as pets: it would NEVER die. It's impossible to kill them so you would never have to buy him a new one. He would be like 90 years old and still have Roachy to keep him company.

Valerie said...

What an "eggscellent" post! Sorry, couldn't help myself! Thanks for the chuckle this morning. :)

Meg said...

My kids had 11 days off from school. 4 in SLC and the rest with spring break. How do you think my week was??!! Oh also it snowed or rained pretty much all week. That stupid ground hog!

ganelle said...

It's either naked angels on pogo stick or some creepy falic symbol.

Pogo sticks are much less yucky!

b. said...

Now I know why some kids couldn't play with those kinds of cards at their house!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! Especially the cockroach thing. I could give you the hundred or so reasons as to why you shouldn't have a cockroach but I can't give a single reason why you would want one. I know...my apartments are endowing us with many. Ugh!

Marianne & Clayton said...

My husband has his favorite playing cards, the one with the naked mermaids. (Similar to the ones you showed, I guess there could be worse naked cards.)

And I also hate the egg thing, almost as much as I hated "Hot-lanta" during the '96 Olympics.

Kerri said...

The only thing about a cockroach pet is he's have to hide it when I came to visit or I'd crush the disgusting thing!

rocslinger said...

Cory not noticing the pillow covers, yeah thats me too. Worse yet is when my wife gets her hair cut and I'm supposed to notice. Now she makes certain to tell me countless times before and after.

Lorie said...

I know! Typically that bothers me... "egg-stravagana"....like they are the first ones to invent taht that is but this year I didn't hear it. I guess when you spend your Easter at a medal-sharp playground rather than civilization....anywho, I am still laughing about the couch pillows. That is so Cory.

Jill said...

I am excited to see Cory do the magic trick.

Unknown said...

See, CM has those keen, detective skills that prevent me from being able to keep things like throw pillows away from him. Dang it.

BUT he can't seem to remember to put the dishtowel back where he found it....ie hanging up NOT becoming sour.

I want to read what Drew came up with!

Mom of Three said...

That's so funny! I don't think that I've every even looked at the back of the cards before!

Mindy Gledhill said...

Gosh, I just love your posts. They totally make me laugh out loud and make my day. Naked angels on pogo sticks? Who says stuff that funny?

prashant said...

I'm glad Drew had nothin' about having a cockroach as a pet! I want to live at your house!!! :)
home based data entry