Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Results Are In

So, the good news is that I’m not going to die of skin cancer yet. And no, it hasn’t escaped me that this isn’t necessarily good news for everyone, but I don’t really care what Cory thinks. Just kidding. I am sure that if anything ever happened to me he would cry all the way to match.com. JUST KIDDING! Sheesh, people. Calm down. The point is, when I left my dermatologist’s office the other day with part of my chest in their Petri dish the doctor said they would call me with the results in about a week, and that he was pretty sure he would be seeing me again to excise the mole (not to be confused with “exercising” a mole, which, from what I hear, is no picnic). But the office called me this afternoon and reported, “Good news, your results are back and it looks like it was just scar tissue. We don’t need to take any further action at this time.”

So, I guess the moral of the story is, buy your drugs online from Ecuador. Not only did it cure my ailment, but I’d like to think that somewhere in South America a man is on his way home from work, fanning his crisp, new bills and smiling over a good day of internet sales; soon he’ll burst through the front door and grab his wife in a hug, swing her around and say, “Honey, guess what?! We don’t have to eat the dog for dinner!” And it’s nice to know I was a part of that.

12 comments:

rocslinger said...

I don't know, the guy's family might have been looking forward to fresh meat.

Anonymous said...

Told you that stuff really works...MOM

Anonymous said...

That's good news. Next time I find a nasty mole, I'll be calling you.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

hahahahaha Sorry, but you are such a hoot. I'm so happy for you. Just between me and you I worry about this a lot myself. It's in the family. And after living in Hawaii for 18 years . . . you get the drift.

Vern said...

CT Dummy - I don't wish any kind of skin cancer on anyone, but it's hard to think that 18 years in Hawaii isn't worth a nip/tuck here and there.

Jill said...

Maybe I should decorate sugar cookies to look like moles to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Having lived in Ecuador (missionary) I can report that I never ate a dog. Plenty of ants, fish heads (with eyes), chicken organs, intestine and possibly donkey. A delicasy (sp?) from Ecuador that I was never served though is Guinea Pig. It's a wonder I survived. I wish I had known about the mole cream then though since I am the reigning Queen of Moles!

Stephanie said...

Um, I DID eat guinea pig in Ecuador, known by the fancy name of "cui." I didn't figure it out until later.
I'm happy you don't have cancer and I'm happy for the Ecuatorian family that gets to eat at McDonald's tonight.

Valerie said...

Sounds like good news all around.
See, everyone benefits...win/win blah, blah, blah. :)

Mom of Three said...

Glad to hear that life is good, minus that piece of your chest!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Congrats, that is good news. Dog for dinner? I hear it tastes just like chicken.

Kerri said...

What a relief, eh? BTW, thanks for the help today!